Published by Disney Electronic Content on October 13th 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy
Enter the world of the Avengers' iconic master spy
Natasha Romanoff is one of the world's most lethal assassins. Trained from a young age in the arts of death and deception, Natasha was given the title of Black Widow by Ivan Somodorov, her brutal teacher at the Red Room, Moscow's infamous academy for operatives.
Ava Orlova is just trying to fit in as an average Brooklyn teenager, but her life has been anything but average.The daughter of a missing Russian quantum physicist, Ava was once subjected to a series of ruthless military experiments-until she was rescued by Black Widow and placed under S.H.I.E.L.D. protection. Ava has always longed to reconnect with her mysterious savior, but Black Widow isn't really the big sister type.
When children all over Eastern Europe begin to go missing, and rumors of smuggled Red Room tech light up the dark net, Natasha suspects her old teacher has returned-and that Ava Orlova might be the only one who can stop him. To defeat the madman who threatens their future, Natasha and Ava must unravel their pasts. Only then will they discover the truth about the dark-eyed boy with an hourglass tattoo who haunts Ava's dreams. . . .
Black Widow: Forever Red features all the heart-pounding adventure readers expect from Marvel, written by #1 New York Times best-selling author Margaret Stohl. Uncover a new side of the Marvel Universe that will thrill loyal fans and newcomers alike, as Stohl reveals the untold story of Black Widow for the very first time.
OH. MY. GOD. Hell yes, I love this book.
I mean. MAN. WOW. This book, just freaking fantastic. You know what? I can’t speak. I can’t review. It’s just- GAH. AMAAAAZING. So here are millions of reasons why you
should MUST read this book.
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK
- WELL, it’s about Marvel, and Black Widow and SHIELD and Agent Coulson. What else do you need? Seriously. Just pick it up, Marvel stuffs are AMAZING. No wait, EVERYTHING SUPERHERO-ISH STUFFS ARE AMAZING. Go ahead, pick it up. I SAID, PICK. IT. UP.
- BLACK WIDOW IS AMAAAZING, despite not being the main focus of the book. Yeah, she’s not. BUT THAT’S OKAY. But yeah, her character was pretty similar to the original comic-version of Black Widow, rather than the movie-version. Basically, she was colder, more emotionless, which makes her more kickass in the field.
- THERE’S AGENT COULSON AND HIS SASSY-NESS. I mean, if you’re a Marvel-buff like me, you would’ve probably either watched Agents of SHIELD or read comics about them. Either way, Coulson was always ALWAYS the King of Sass. And guess what? Margaret Stohl captured it, and got his sassy-ness down. TO. THE. FREAKING. T.
- There is another Avenger dude who plays a role in this book. Not gonna tell you who, because I don’t wanna spoil, BUT HE MAKES THE STORY EVEN MORE FANTABULOUS. I mean, Avengers people are awesome.
- The main character, Ava, is crazy cool. She’s great and kickass, and basically a mini-Natasha. AND THE BEST PART? Well, she’s not ALL that star-struck over Black Widow, which makes it EVEN more coooooler.
- THERE’S A CUTE GUY. AND A CUTE ROMANCE. BETWEEN SOMEBODY AND SOMEBODY.
- Think you know Natasha Romanoff? THINK AGAIN. Because there is ONE HELL of a twist in this story, which wasn’t in the original comic (yes, I googled) and this makes me excited BECAUSE HELLO, this is supposed to be a retelling, and I love that Margaret Stohl actually added her own twist to this book, which does not seem all that unbelievable actually.
LOVE THIS BOOK. I really couldn’t get enough of it, and of course IT KILLED ME. Sigh. Yup, rereading this sometime in 2016.
“Keep your true self buried under several layers of untrue selves.”